ENROLMENT APPLICATIONS FOR STUDENTS INTENDING TO ENROL AT ST JOSEPH'S SCHOOL IN 2021 MUST BE SUBMITTED TO THE SCHOOL OFFICE BY 25TH SEPTEMBER 2020
The Board of Trustees of St Joseph’s School, Papanui, shall ensure that enrolments comply with the requirements specified in the Integration Agreement and the Private Schools Conditional Integration Act 1975. St Joseph’s School is the parish school of St Joseph’s Parish.
All Enrolment Applications require a Preference Certificate, which is detailed on the Catholic Education Office website.
Priests are available to sign Preference Certificates between 3.00pm - 4.00pm on the following days:
- the first Friday of the month at Christ the King Parish Office 90 Greers Road
- the second Friday of the month at St Albans Catholic School Library 58 Somme Street
- the third Friday of the month at St Joseph's Parish Office cnr Main North & Vagues Road
Applications for enrolment will be processed in the following order of priority.
- First priority will be given to preference students who live within the St Joseph’s Parish boundary, as determined by the Catholic Diocese of Christchurch.
- Second priority will be given to siblings of current preference students.
- Third priority will be given to preference children of Board employees or Board of Trustee members.
- Fourth priority will be given to preference students whose family is on the St Joseph’s Parish Roll who reside outside the St Joseph’s Parish boundary.
- Fifth priority will be given to preference students who belong to another parish where there is no parish school.
- Sixth priority will be given to non-preference siblings of current students.
- Seventh priority will be given to non-preference students living within the St Joseph’s Parish boundary, as determined by the Catholic Diocese of Christchurch.
- Applicants will be placed into the priority group appropriate to their preference status.
- Closing date for applications for the following year is 25 September.
- Parents and caregivers will receive notification of acceptance or non-acceptance by 31 October.
- The closing date, enrolment procedure, priority of acceptance and notification date will be published on the school website, and school and parish newsletters.
- No enrolment acceptances will be made, promised or implied prior to the notification date.
- After the closing date, the principal and the parish priest will apply the criteria and prioritise applications for acceptance according to the priorities above.
- Where there are more applicants available within the same priority category, they will be accepted in order of the date the pre-enrolment form was received. If pre-enrolment dates are the same, allocation will be via ballot.
- All applicants not accepted for enrolment will be placed on a waiting list in their order of priority. A parent or guardian may view their child’s priority at the school office.
- Parents and caregivers of those applicants on the waiting list will be notified when and if places become available for their child. Parents and caregivers will then have seven days to confirm their enrolment. If no confirmation is received the applicant will be removed from the waiting list, and the position may be offered to the next priority student.
What to bring
When you submit the Enrolment Form for your child, please make sure that you include the child's:
- Birth Certificate (if born in New Zealand) or Passport and relative visa.
- Preference Certificate
- All Immunisation Certificates